Tuesday, November 28, 2017

One of a Kind Queen of Hearts Costume


A few weeks ago was my family's annual camping trip to the Texas Renaissance Festival. Now, I don't always dress up, but this particular weekend happened to be Heroes and Villains weekend, and I happened to have a Queen of Hearts costume.


But this was not just any Queen of Hearts costume. This costume was very carefully constructed, piece-by-piece, by picking out every element individually from different shops across Etsy.

If you are looking to do something similar, I have brought together all of the Etsy shops I purchased from in one place.

The only pieces not from Etsy were the crop top, which I got from Express; the skirts, which I've had for ages; the parasol, which I purchased from a shop in the festival; and the boots. You can find a black crop top almost anywhere.  The skirts were layered. A white lace skirt underneath, and a black frilly skirt on top.  I think for next year I will find a petty coat for a little more oomph.

Also, I wanted to do more with the makeup, but was afraid I'd sweat it off. I think if the weather is as nice next year I will do more with that as well.

All in all, the costume was a hit. I entered a costume contest at a Halloween party and won back the money I spent on it! I even had people stop me at the Renaissance Festival to take pictures.

Without further ado, here are the items that made up my one of a kind Queen of Hearts costume. Feel free to browse the shops and create your own look!



Mini Top Hat from The Wee Hatter:


Bolero Collar from Vilindery:

Earrings from RobinHoodCouture:



Necklace by ArtbyStarlaMoore:



Corset Belt from RedCurryDesigns:


White Lace Gloves by ZenAndCoffee:



Bustle by TheTutuStoreUK:



Flamingo Purse by EyeCandySugar:


If you decide to go this direction and build your own costume, there is an entire world of creators on Etsy. You don't have to make your own costume to have something truly unique.  You can, however, get pieces hand made by others, and you can be the hit at your next costume party!



No comments:

Post a Comment